BRUSHLESS MOTOR: MAGNETS BONDING AND PROTECTION – HEAT SHRINK TUBING COATED WITH THERMOSETTING EPOXY RESIN
EPOXYBOND TUBES: NEW GENERATION OF HEAT SHRINK EPOXY TUBES TO FIX AND PROTECT PERMANENT MANGETS IN BRUSHLESS MOTORS
Politubes enlarges its range of heat shrink tubes for brushless motors (SPM surface permanent magnets), with a the new generation of Class F- H, B-Stage epoxy resin coated tubes in order to achieve a solid bonding to the rotors.
These tubes are produced in two ways:
- B-Stage epoxy resin coating inside spiral wound with heat shrinkable polyester outside.
- B-Stage epoxy resin coating inside spiral wound with reinforced glass fiber and heat shrinkable polyester outside.
Among the others, one of the main advantages of Epoxybond tubes is that there is no danger of cracking or damage to the delicate permanent magnets during the assembly process.
After the heat shrink and the activation of the B-Stage epoxy resin:
- Tubes will have a solid bonding to the rotors with a strong adhesion.
- Tubes will have a dramatic increase of mechanical strength and hardness.
- Tubes will get an improved waterproof seal and moisture protection.
- Tubes bonded to the rotors, will have reduced coefficient of expansion.
The time of activation of epoxy resin is very similar to the time of activation of the most known epoxy adhesive used to stick magnets to rotors; this means that with Epoxybond tubes in one production step BLDC motors producers can:
- Cure the glue between magnets and rotors.
- Activate epoxy resin inside our tubes for a perfect bonding.
- Heat shrink tubes on the rotors
- Get an excellent fixing and protection of magnets.
Other benefits of these tubes:
- No danger to damage permanent magnets during assembly than many times may happen with expensive steel rings.
- Reduction of motor noise.
- They can work till 175°C temperature.
- Protection of magnets and increase in motor lifetime.
- Very low interference with magnetic flux; this means magnets can work at the right level of their performance.
- Perfect adhesion and protection at the edges of the magnets.
- Rapid and easy positioning in automated industrial processes also compared with banding tapes; this means a reduction in assembly costs and product standardization.
- Reduced thickness, dimensions and weight.
- Perfect adherence of the tube to the magnets.
- Easy to be removed if permanent magnets have to be recycled or repaired.